Choosing the United Kingdom as the destination for your OE is an excellent choice. A choice that many Kiwis make, so you’ll never walk alone. Working and playing in Britain is heaps of fun plus it give you the opportunity to explore Europe as it’s easy and cheap to travel around. Of course we’ll tell you everything about great places and awesome deals.

But first, you need to arrange a visa for Britain. There are several UK visa options so have a read and decide which one is best for you.

  • British passport: Okay that’s a no-brainer. If you hold a British passport you don’t need a visa to work in Britain and are good to go to Britain. Just make sure you have travel insurance before you go (it’s really important as you never know what might happen).
  • UK Ancestry visa: If at least one of your grandparents was born in the UK, you might be able to claim ancestry, which allows you to stay and work for 5 years.
  • UK working holiday visa: As there is an agreement between the government of New Zealand and United Kingdom, young Kiwis can apply for a working holiday visa, a sponsored visa where the government is your sponsor.